If you already rooted or have Custom OS, your bootloader is unlocked. But if you relocked your bootloader, you should unlock the bootloader. After unlock, Follow the below steps one by one carefully. It works best with MIUI devices (smartphones, tablets, Xiaomi, Pocophone, Redmi). Some functionalities might be compatible with other Xiaomi devices (Android one ones for example, or Blackshark). Some might download stock firmware work even with other brand devices, but this tool is not designed to do that, so please use it with Xiaomi devices. No smartwatches, TVs or any other type of device are supported.
- However, when it comes to Android there is a different meaning for the ROM.
- If it does, then you can skip this step and head directly to step #6 below.
- Xiaomi Redmi 7A (pine) India (IN) official ROM, include stable, weekly and beta MIUI firmware which can be updated with Recovery and Fastboot (need mi flash tool).
- The flashing process could take some time, so sit back, relax, and do not disrupt the USB connection.
ADB and Fastboot Tools or driver installation process will affect your Xiaomi Redmi 7A phone data like images, videos, and files. We advise you before start ADB and Fastboot installation you need to create a backup and save it in a safe location. I know that some users got the issue where XiaoMiTool is not able to detect and connect to the device, especially on Windows machines. Unfortunatelly it’s hard to debug this problem as it’s related to ADB and the ADB driver issues that happen without a clear cause. On the developer PC this issue is not happening with the tested devices. XiaoMiTool is installing the Android USB driver used by the OEM (Xiaomi) and has a background service forcing the use of that driver on the device. However, this is not solving all of the problems and as of now, there is not a global solution.
And since we don’t have a better alternative to TWRP recovery in the custom recoveries scene. We guess your reason to remove TWRP is to get the stock recovery back. It’s always advisable that you backup your device Firmware after purchasing it. You are going to need your device stock Rom for these following reasons someday. So that’s how you remove TWRP recovery by replacing it with Mi recovery Redmi 7. This guide is compatible with Redmi 7 “onclite” Android 9.0 Pie only. If you have any questions check out the Open GApps Wiki, especially the FAQ answers most questions.
The full update file is around 2.2 GB in size for recovery ROM and around 1.63 GB for the recovery ROM. Download the latest Xiaomi Redmi 7 Stock ROM, and official firmware [Flash file]. On this page, we shared a complete guide on how to download and install Custom ROMs, and stock firmware using Windows and Linux PC. In this article, you will get the download links after extracting it on any desktop computer. You will receive a full package including a flash file, flash tool, and USB drivers to unlock or flash any Android device manually. Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite) Global official ROM, include stable, weekly and beta MIUI firmware which can be updated with Recovery and Fastboot (need mi flash tool).
- Download Latest Xiaomi redmi 7 flash file from gsmmafia and flash your phone to fix hang on logo and bricked situation.
- In fastboot mode, connect to PC, run the Fastboot command fastboot getvar product.
- It will use both fastboot and the stock recovery to flash a stock rom, wiping the data partition.
- In the Zip you will find the USB driver, the Flash tool, the Flash file and an instruction manual.
- Content of this page is based on informations from github and LineageOS Wiki, under CC BY-SA 3.0 licence.
If you can’t find the answer to your question use the XDA Q&A Thread or join us on Gitter to receive support. Don’t forget to add at least the Open GApps installer debug log and if experiencing Force Closures also include a logcat. Firmware is also a type of software, it helps the computer hardware to run any applications. Fastboot Mode is separate from the operating system and offers many useful options such as install Stock ROM, install Custom ROM, TWRP etc.